$500 Graduate Scholarship
You are eligible for the Illinois TESOL-BE $500.00 Graduate Scholarship if you are
- a graduate student presently enrolled full or part-time in an accredited college or university program in TESOL or bilingual education or a practicing ESL/bilingual education professional with concrete plans to enroll in relevant graduate coursework;
- an excellent student;
- an individual in need of financial assistance;
- a current member of Illinois TESOL-BE
How to Apply for a Scholarship Award:
To apply for the $500.00 Graduate Scholarship you must submit:
A statement in which you:
- Describe your involvement to date in the field of ESL/BE. Include work as a teacher, program administrator, social worker, community organizer, etc.
- Explain your professional goals and how your program of study will help you meet those goals.
- Give a brief statement regarding your financial need.
- An application form with your personal information
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references. Individuals providing references should log into the online system (see below) and answer two short questions on the faculty reference form.
- An unofficial transcript of academic work (scanned paper transcript or a web page submitted as PDF are all acceptable).
- A letter of acceptance for those not currently enrolled in an academic program.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE ONLINE SYSTEM. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Friday, December 23, 2023
Please note: The online submission system closes at 11:59pm on Friday, December 23, 2023. You will not be able to submit any documents after this time.
Questions? Email the Awards Committee Chair at email@example.com.