You are eligible for the Illinois TESOL-BE $500.00 Graduate Scholarship if you are
How to Apply for a Scholarship Award
To apply for the $500.00 Graduate Scholarship you must submit:
1. A statement in which you:
a. Describe your involvement to date in the field of ESL/BE. Include work as a teacher,
program administrator, social worker, community organizer, etc.
b. Explain your professional goals and how your program of study will help you meet
c. Give a brief statement regarding your financial need.
2. An application form with your personal information
3. Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references. Individuals
providing references should log into the online system (see below) and answer two short
questions on the faculty reference form.
4. An official transcript of academic work (scanned paper transcript or a webpage submitted
as PDF are all acceptable).
5. A letter of acceptance for those not currently enrolled in an academic program.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE ONLINE SYSTEM. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Start your application by following this link: Online Application for Graduate Scholarship
Submit a reference by following this link: Online Faculty Reference Form
Alternatively, you can download the reference form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The online submission system closes on 11:59pm on FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, 2021. You will not be able to submit any documents after this time.
Questions? Email the Awards Committee Chair at email@example.com